What is Pilates?
Pilates is a form of exercise which focuses on core stability, postural control, breathing and flexibility. Pilates is particularly effective in managing and preventing lower back pain and reduces the risk of pain or muscular injury.
Our Pilates classes are run by experienced Physiotherapists who are trained in adapting exercises to ensure they are safe and effective for everyone. Our classes run with a maximum of 4 participants to ensure you get the attention you deserve and the greatest benefit from your session.
Before your first Pilates session you will need to attend a free 20 minutes assessment. This allows our Physio to identify any areas of concern or weakness and identify your goals to tailor each session to you.
Not only is Pilates an effective treatment method for pain and injuries, it also benefits whole body health by improving strength, flexibility, mobility, movement control and posture.
What are the Benefits?
- Improved muscular strength and tone
- Falls prevention
- Improved posture and flexibility
- Relaxation and stress management
- Prevention of musculoskeletal injuries
- Increased bone density for those with Osteopenia or Osteoporosis
Who will Benefit?
- People with neck or back pain and poor posture
- Patients with Ostopaenia or Osteoporosis
- Pre and post-natal women
- Recovering from surgery or injury
- People working in sedentary jobs such as in an office environment
- Those looking to improve co-ordination, muscular strength and flexibility
$28 per class. Claimable through most health funds as a Physiotherapy Group Class. Please contact your health fund for rebate information. Classes run for 45 minutes.
If you are not a current patient with Carousel Physiotherapy, you will require a 20min Pre-Pilates Assessment (free of charge) prior to attending your first class.
Please contact us for more information or to book a class.